National Service Scheme
Personality development of students through community service.
WHAT IS NSS?
|The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian government-sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. The NSS scheme has been introduced at Savitribai Phule Pune University since 1969 as a part of the academic programs and since then NSS has been functioning as a regular feature in the realm of our university education .The NSS Scheme has been started in 1996-1997 at VPASC College. It encapsulates the spirit of voluntary work among the students and the teachers to sustain community interaction. It brings academic institutions closer to the society.|
- To understand the community in which the volunteers work
- To understand themselves in relation to the community in which they live
- To identify the needs and problems of their community and involve themselves in the problem solving process
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibilities
- To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
- To develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- To gain skills in mobilizing the community participation
- To acquire the leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- To practice national integration and social harmony